Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel 143 - Big ends knocking - few573r

Car is :- MAzda 6 TS2 diesel 143 2006 @ 66,000 miles

My engine oil light keeps flickering on and off at low speeds like a ticking noise coming from the engine. I have being told that the big ends bottoms need fully replacing that has what Mazda have said to me.

they replace gaskets and injector valves.

Mazda also said that replacing the above is not guarnteed to cure the problem. So basicly what they said the will do is look at the bottom of the engine and see what damge is done in that section also they would have to look at at the mid-section to see if it has done any damage in there.

Any infomation would be helpful thank you.

Edited by few573r on 14/07/2011 at 19:41

Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel 143 - Big ends knocking - gordonbennet

This yet another Mazda 6 Diesel that's been diluting it's engine oil with neat fuel during failed DPF regenerations?

If you search for Mazda 6 DPF on various fora including this one you'll find a weekends reading that should ensure you never touch the marque with a bargepole again.

Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel 143 - Big ends knocking - Bobbin Threadbare

Petrol Mazda 6 = awesome

Diesel Mazda 6 = seemingly no end of problems

Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel 143 - Big ends knocking - rtj70

Does the car even have a DPF if it's a 2006 engine? I guess it probably does because the earlier diesel was 136PS?

The problems normally associated with DPF problems on a Mazda is oil level rising due to diesel diluting the oil. The oil is spec'd to cope with this if you use the correct oil. But things can be wrong if the oil gets too high.

HJ does say: "Early diesels can suffer big end failure"

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mazda/6-2002/

Edited by rtj70 on 15/07/2011 at 00:55