mercedes s350 bluetec - New S350 continous problems currenty in workshop - mnstex

In brief the following is the history,

·
The car always suffered from a jerk/hesitation when shifting up gears, this was noticeable from the 2nd week of January whereby we were told to continue driving unless any warning lights were to show up.

·
In the second week of February a further, possibly related, problem became apparent when the vehicle refused to accelerate in the fast lane on the motorway, even after fully depressing and releasing before depressing the accelerator again. You can only imagine how panicked I left being stranded in the fast lane unable to go above 60mph, I limped the car to hard shoulder and switched off and then on before continuing the rest of the journey in the slow lane.

·
A few days later on the 20 th of February the problem became major where the gear changes became extremely violent, such they caused the car to be thrown back and forth, luckily I wasn’t far from home on local drive when this happened. The warning light came on and the car broke down completely. It had to be recovered the following day, the mileage was around 1,300. Huddersfield Mercedes confirmed the seriousness of the fault and had to await instructions to repair from Mercedes Head Office. Several weeks passed by while they attempted different fixes, which didn’t make any difference. The car was finally returned early April, still with intermittent gearbox issues but none serious enough to warrant a workshop recovery.

·
On 21 st May the car broke down again where there was loss of power and thumping sounds coming from the rear, again breakdown were called out and attempts to repair were not successful, the car was recovered back to the dealer on Monday 23th May, they found various faults with the car and are now awaiting instruction to repair. The mileage was around 3,000. The car has been in the workshop ever since.

I have written to mbuk and mbfs outlining the problems and insisting the car is rejected but they wont have it, the gentleman that has been speaking to me from MBUK isnt particularly focused on listening to me and now insist I pursue them using other means.

Any advise on where to go?