parking at focus - wotever

Hi everybody.......i know this matter has been mauled over, but i've tried to read up on all of the past posts in here, and just need someone to tell me how the legal stance is now.........i oarked in that darn place as they have a closing down sale....had to wait for what seemed an eternity for the staff to actually do anything to help, brought quite a bit...came out went home.....a week later i had to take the bulk of the product back as it was faulty...lol......had a slight debate with the manager, but thought that was it......Suddenly one of these PARKING CHARGE NOTICES, turns up from g24 Ltd demanding money, saying there were prominent signs, which i never saw, going on about limits.......now as i am a disabled driver, i always try to park in the blue badge part, and yes it does take me slightly longer than what it used to to get around, but as i was in the shop the whole of the time, i fail to see why i should be paying it........Now i know that one thread put that the manager can cancel the fine, but i don't think i'm on his christmas card list at the mo....can you please advise me what to do.............sorry about being a bit long winded....lol...........many thanks....whatever

parking at focus - RT

Ignore it, don't even acknowledge receipt. Check out the PePiPoo website for more detailed advice.

parking at focus - Dwight Van Driver

The heading of the ticket indicates that it is a civil matter between the driver of the car that parked and the owners of the land allowing parking.

The only way they can get the money is to take a civil action against THE DRIVER who at the moment they do not know. The Reg Keeper of the vehicle involved is under no obligation to disclose to them who the driver was.

read up on this: http://www.tinyurl.com/2hr37d

Advice from some is that it can be binned but if it is then expect further letters demandinbg money and Court/.Debt Collection etc which should all be ignored unless it is a County Court Summons (not likely as they cannot prove who the driver was if you have not admitted it.

There is a Bill before The Big House at the moment that will put the onus on the Reg keeper for such infringements where the driver is not known but this at the moment is not law.

dvd

parking at focus - wotever

Many thanks for the help on this one......WOW....quickest help i've ever seen.....i'll wait them out, and see who caves in first.........have a good one.......

parking at focus - concrete

Spot on Dwight. Great advice. But remember they will keep sending you letters escalating the charges. Some might come from a solicitor, just ignore them completely. Some might come from a debt collection company, ignore them too, there is no debt, only a court can declare a debt and you won't be going to court. Remember stamps and paper are cheap. The cardinal rule is never, ever write back or acknowledge their letters, that way they have no idea if you really exist. Good luck. Concrete

parking at focus - jamie745

Unless its on headed paper from the Council or the Police then just file it under S for Shredder.