Ford Focus TDCI - bernie
I have just come back from a spin in one from the dealers.They did not have the saloon available but an estate version,but thought I'd give it a try anyway

Must say that the power and smoothness from the engine were impressive but I was dissapointed with the ride quality when driving over our crappy roads.Yes,the handling was good,steering direct but why does it have to bang and rattle over bumps ?

This was a zetec version,so the suspension is a little firmer and of course an estate version would I presume be a little noisier.It certainly was not as refined as my old Laguna.

Has anyone got experience of the Focus that backs up this observation or was this a "bad un "
Ford Focus TDCI - Dynamic Dave
IMHO, the Focus is one Fog light and one reversing light short of a car!!
Ford Focus TDCI - L'escargot
IMHO, the Focus is one Fog light and one reversing light
short of a car!!

As far as my 2 litre Ghia is concerned, I'll forgive it for only having one rear fog light and one reversing light. It's got everything else that I could possibly wish for. And it's quick, comfortable, reliable, economical, and doesn't rattle at all even after 62k miles. Brilliant car. (Sorry I've strayed from the "diesel" aspect.)