Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - lisaparvaz
I bought a 1.4 diesel c3 52 plate and filled it up with diesel then when I got home diesel started spilling from the petrol tank. I have just found out that the petrol tanks are plastic so it can't rust. I do know it's spilling from the top of the tank
So I haven't damaged it while driving. The really confusing thing is that the fuel gage hasn't changed and it's apparently still full even after filling 2 buckets up with diesel.
Does anyone know why this has happened and what could be wrong.
Is it possible to over fill even after I stopped fuelling at the first click of the pump. Thanks Lisa

Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - Peter D

I am not familiar with that car but I suspect that the seal for the insert on top of the tank is leaking or the breather pipe has become detached. You may find an inspection cover either in the boot or under the rear seat. Did you buy this privately or was it a dealer so you can take it back for them to fix. Regards Peter

Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - jc2

It is NOT possible to overfill.

Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - Peter D

I assume you filled up on the flat but you have parked on a slope. Regards Peter

Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - lisaparvaz

I assume you filled up on the flat but you have parked on a slope. Regards Peter

Yes I bought it from a garage and I'm taking it back tomorrow. As for parking on a slope it wasn't much of a slope but surely your car shouldn't leak fuel regardless to how you park. I don't know how the car passed it's mot!! Thanks so much for your speedy replies. Lisa
Citeon c3 - Deisel leak please help - jc2

As to passing MoT,it would depend on position of leak.Only the filler and cap are checked.