Peugeot 206 - 2003 Peugeot 206 1400cc running on 3 cylinders - xlinephil

Hi

I'm trying to help a friend fix her 206 1.4 which is clearly not firing on all cylinders. She has taken it to a mechanic before I got involved who replaced the coil pack but this made no difference. I guess that I can now rule this out and move onto the injectors but I'm not sure how to manually check these. Is it is a case of unplug them one by one while the engine is running and listen for a change in the engine note, or no change in the engine note if that makes sense!

Any ideas appricated.

Peugeot 206 - 2003 Peugeot 206 1400cc running on 3 cylinders - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin

You need to compression test the engine. As a Pug And Hyundai tech if your want a punt at an injector then its NO4 which on a Pug is the cambelt end. I have never replaced any other injector number on a Pug 1.4...I have done a few.

Peugeot 206 - 2003 Peugeot 206 1400cc running on 3 cylinders - unthrottled

A petrol will fire even with very low cylinder pressures. Check that each cylinder is sparking. A stout earth strap to the removed plug will forestall any overload on ignition coils.

Peugeot 206 - 2003 Peugeot 206 1400cc running on 3 cylinders - Railroad.

I'd say it's a fuel injector too. Petrol fuel injectors are simple coils and can be checked easily be measuring their resistance. Disconnect the injector and use an ohmeter to measure the resistance at the two pins. I can't remember the exact figure you should be looking for but it is quite low (10 - 20 Ohms rings a bell). If one reads open circuit then it's faulty and needs to be replaced. A word of advice though. Replace the 'O' ring seals on all four injectors as it's quite likely at least one will split when you remove them. You don't want to be delayed putting it back together for an 'O' ring.

Peugeot 206 - 2003 Peugeot 206 1400cc running on 3 cylinders - Kai

Amazing. Had the exact same symptoms, but initially thought it was faulty coil pack or spark plugs. On one of ijnektorene showed the ohmmeteret infinite, but the three measured between 14 and 15 ohms.

Thank you so much Railroad, you saved my day.