Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - Tonyredz

Would be grateful for some advice regarding wheel balancing. Just bought some tyres off the internet & got some prices to have all four tyres fitted at local garages. The best price I was given, the guy told me it included balancing the front wheels, am now just wondering should all four wheels be balanced when 4 new tyres are fitted or only neccessary for front wheels? The car is a 2003 Peugeot 406. Thanks in advance.

Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - jc2

You may get away with it but on one of my cars could definitely feel the out-of-balance on one of the back wheels.

Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - Peter.N.

I would agree. It depends largely on the quality of the tyres. 406s don't seem to be prone to wheel balancing problems, I have an estate and have never had a problem but its probably cheaper to have them balanced when fitted that to have to go back.

Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - TeeCee

Put it this way. You know that vibration you feel through the steering when the fronts are out of balance? That happens on the rears too.

You probably won't notice it, but your rear wheel bearings will.......

Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - Bobbin Threadbare

Have them balanced! You will feel much better psychologically about it if nothing else!

Peugeot 406 - WHEEL BALANCING - bathtub tom

What if you decide to swap the fronts and rears?