Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - Karen22

Mercedes B Class 180CDI 2006, when appling the brake down hill causes the engine to race and rev up. I have returned it to the garage who have not been able to find anything wrong. if this problem can't be solved can I reject the car as I am losing confidence in this car I have had under 3months? Thanks from Karen

Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - khcomp
Sou

Edited by khcomp on 13/06/2011 at 11:42

Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - Peter.N.

Can they not reproduce this fault when they are driving? Could it be that you are inadvertantly pressing the accelerator when you are braking?

Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - unthrottled

Are you sure it's not just picking a lower gear?

Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - Collos25
From the information received I would go for operator error.
Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - injection doc

karen22

you dont explain whether the car is actually taking off ? or whether its just reving ?Modern autos now tend to change down gear when going down hill especially if touching the brake pedal ! as this assist with the braking !

Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - davmal
Could one of the mods please put the missing bits of this post in, as I obviously can't see all of the ones that Collos does!
Mercedes B Class 180CDI Auto 2006 - Appling the brake down hill - WellKnownSid

Is there any chance that you're inadvertantly setting the cruise control to LIM - this will cause the auto to quite violently change down in overspeed conditions, although acompanied by a warning on the dash.