vw lt - coding a key - agilitymad

i have just ordered a new ignition barrel and key from a main dealer and they have said that they will be the only one that can but the new code on the key to let the immobiliser work, is this correct the reason i ask is that the van will not move so i am going to have to hire a trailer to take the van to the nearest dealer to get them to code my key, or can i call out an auto locksmith and they can do it

vw lt - coding a key - Collos25

You need the codes and only the main dealers them have and they need the vehicle to do the coding.

vw lt - coding a key - Jarek D.

What a load of rubish. Call an auto locksmith and he will come to you and get the codes and program, cut a new key. You will save hundreds.....

vw lt - coding a key - Railroad.

My local locksmith recently cut me two keys for a VW LT35 and programmed them for £55. He did need the original key to do it though.....

vw lt - coding a key - Collos25

Don't say its rubbish when you don't know.Only the manufacturer is allowed by law to have the codes.There are hundreds of places to cut keys but to match a new key when you do not have a spare is a main agent only job.

vw lt - coding a key - Jarek D.

I know I am an auto lockie. Call your local auto locksmith he is going to conect an AD100 or similar programmer and he is going to get you the key.

Best regards,

Jarek D