SAAB 9-3 - SAAB 93 TiD 150BHP Flywheel - MJSparky

Hello guys

My car is starting to rattle and judder when ive driven and stop at a junction and take it out of gear, someone has said its the clutch release bearing and someone else has said its probably the flywheel.

Either way I have had expensive quotes, has anyone else had this problem that could give me a price of what it cost them.

My car has just short of 80,000 on the clock, ive only had it for 14 months and I do not ride the clutch, (but i suspect my other half may do)

SAAB 9-3 - SAAB 93 TiD 150BHP Flywheel - RicardoB

Hello, similar here with my Vectra 1.9 CDtI which is pretty much the same car underneath the skin. (Coming up to 60,000 miles)

I haven't got the juddery take up yet, but I have got the squeaky/squarly clutch pedal (dealer says it's the release bearing) and the "rattling" flywheel which gets louder depending on the position of the clutch pedal.

I think it's the usual dual mass flywheel issues that many makes seem to suffer.

Quote so far from (admitedly main dealer) is about £1,300. I'm going to delay - or change.

SAAB 9-3 - SAAB 93 TiD 150BHP Flywheel - Avant

You've already posted this query in the Technical section (which is where it should be) - no need to post here as well.

If anyone wants to advise, please see the similar thread in Technical.