Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - jonny10buds

I've noticed a lot of Mondeos from about 55 plate are advertised as SIV, what does it mean? Thanks

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - tdc

Thought it stood for "System Integration Vehicle" but may be wrong.

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - WellKnownSid

Series 4?

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - jamie745

Ive always known SIV to mean Stand In Value, meaning the amount of money an entity must be sold for in order to not lose money on it.

Cant see why they'd put that in an advert for a car though. Dealers notes possibly, but not main advert.

@tdc when you mentioned that it made me think of Structured Investment Vehicle, which was a form of credit in the business world which i referred to as Satan's Bingo, theres virtually no systems like it left since the Market Crash of 2008. Again, i cant see any need for that to be on a car Ad either.

I think you're right there is something called system integration vehicle but put it into the internet and abbreviation sites will tell you what SIV is in that respect but wont tell you what system integration vehicle actually is.

Could it just be marketing jargon which means nothing?

Ive found a Mondeo ad with it in the title, im going to ask them.

Edited by jamie745 on 15/05/2011 at 02:22

Thanks.

I've worked in main dealers and know all about 'stand in value' and it can't be that, I've done the usual google searches and have come across Structured Investment Vehicle and System Integration Vehicle, neither of which apply.

I've had a look in Glasses Guide and SIV's start at 05/05 and the non SIV's run 'til 05/55 so I'm thinking it's maybe some kind of facelift, however SIV is only mentioned on the TDci cars and not the petrols so maybe it's some kind of running gear change?

It's unlikely the advertisers will know as most headings and sub headings on both Auto Trader and eBay self populate when you put the registration number in at the start of the creation of a listing.

It's probably very simple but it's got me baffled!

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - jc2

St.IV emissions?????

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - a303

I suspect this refers to the car's emissions - Euro Stage IV.

I'm not an expert on the finer details, but Euro V demands cleaner standards than Euro IV. It sounds like 2005 was when Ford made the switch-over from IV to V for the Mondeo. I suspect this was relevant at the time as people running one as a company car probably got stung less by the taxman if they opted for a Euro V rather than IV. Why it should be of interest to you as a subsequent private buyer I've no idea (cheaper road tax too?)

I'm sure Google will help you fill in the gaps!

I think you're on the right track, they actually went from Euro 3 to Euro 4 that year and the SIV cars are the later ones, the IV means 4, not sure what the S stands for though.

Ford Mondeo - What does SIV stand for in Mondeo adverts? - jc2

St. or S for Stage! ie.SIV = Stage IV(4) emissions.

Fantastic! Thanks everyone, I'll sleep soundly in my bed tonight.