Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - b6een

Hi Guys, the other half Unleaded up today instead of Dieseled up, fortunately there was quarter of a tank of diesel in the car already and she only drove 200yds to her work before realising the mistake so no white smoke belching out the back..... the plan is to syphon the tank, change filters and then diesel back up .... the question is its a 2002 Nissan X-trail is this fitted with an anti syphon device on the tank? and if it has how do I get round this.... thanks in advance.....Ed

Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - Peter.N.

If it was mine I would be inclined to put a pint of oil in with it and keep topping it up with diesel - but it isn't so I can't really give that advice.

Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - unthrottled

2 stroke oil is meant to be good for that! If it was a gallon or two, I'd agree, but 3/4 of a tank is an awful lot. I think you have to disconnect the fuel line from the tank to drain the fuel out.

Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - b6een

2 stroke oil is meant to be good for that! If it was a gallon or two, I'd agree, but 3/4 of a tank is an awful lot. I think you have to disconnect the fuel line from the tank to drain the fuel out.

Yeah in total 33 litres went in, I also read that if you lift the back seat you can acces the top of the fuel tank from their? will try this and also check for where the fuel line comes out the tank.

Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - Ethan Edwards

XT has twin tanks. Drain both.

Nissan X-trail - Oh No Unleaded Instead Of Diesel - Peter.N.

Sorry - I misread the post, I thought you had 3/4 tank of diesel, yes, drain it.