Ford Fiesta Saloon Zetec S 55 Reg - Passenger airbag deployment/dash section - charlieware

Hi there,

First of all I would like to apologise for my distinct lack of car knowledge, it's basically zero, so please excuse me if I have to ask anybody to basically spell things out for me.

Anyway, I have found the above car that I would like to purchase and it's quite cheap, I have not seen it yet, other than through pictures, but have been told that it has a bit of damage inside. I have been advised that internally the passener airbag has been deployed and the passenger dash section has been obviously reparied rather than renewed. Therefore I am just wondering likely what it would cost to replace the airbag and passenger dash section? Obviously I do not want to spend a fortune... I have a picture which I can email anybody if they would like to see the area in question.

Thanks all :)

Ford Fiesta Saloon Zetec S 55 Reg - Passenger airbag deployment/dash section - Collos25

Ask yourself why it was deployed more than likely its been in a accident and they could not find the correct part cheaply.My advice stay away there are hundreds of striaght cars about for sale.

Ford Fiesta Saloon Zetec S 55 Reg - Passenger airbag deployment/dash section - charlieware

Thanks for your reply. It states it has been in an accident, the exterior has been repaired and looks fine (judging from the pictures anyway)... just unsure about the whole airbag situation!

Ford Fiesta Saloon Zetec S 55 Reg - Passenger airbag deployment/dash section - Peter D

Found the car where. Regards Peter

Ebay lol. It's a company based in Reading, seemed to have sold hundreds, if not thousands of cars with lots of positive ratings (not that would influence if the price is a lot to fix). Of course its based on bidding so the price may rocket, but was just wondering incase somehow I did win!

p.s. the car is a HATCHBACK not a Saloon