1.9TDI. 90BHP 108000 miles - VW Sharen clutch - sparky100

Hi, i'm having problems with the clutch, it seems to be making a vibrating noise when reversing, someone told me it might be the dual mass flywheel packing up. These seem to be an arm and

a leg to get done. But there is a solid flywheel you can put on instead.

Just wondering if this would make much difference to driiving this car.

Thanks for any views on this matter.

. Sparky 100.

1.9TDI. 90BHP 108000 miles - VW Sharen clutch - unthrottled

It's a controversial change. The DMF attentuates torsional vibration. If you replace it with a solid one, the vibration will be transmitted somewhere else where it can cause damage.

DMF were notorious for premature failure and became unpopular. Some people say that manufacturers simply stopped using DMF and went back to solid flywheels. This isn't true. As fuel injection systems were improved, the engine vibration could be reduced at the point of source-thereby rendering the DMF redundant. That's not the same thing as bolting a solid flywheel onto an engine that suffers from heavy vibration.

That said a lot of people have converted and swear by the change.

1.9TDI. 90BHP 108000 miles - VW Sharen clutch - Bedhead

The only conversions I will sell are those made by Valeo, with the exception of the D4D Toyotas which Toyota sold themselves for a while, at least you know it will have been tested and come with a warranty.

You can get one for your car, cost wise it's gonna be about the same as a DMF kit.

1.9TDI. 90BHP 108000 miles - VW Sharen clutch - sparky100

i