1998 ford 2.0litre zetec mondeo hc - engine changed now not firing - dodgeboy

hi i recently done a engine change, just the engine all other electricals were used from previous engine they worked fine prior to changing ,the car sat with no battery for a month ,now all hooked up correctly ,the engine wont start no spark but getting fuel ive been told its the key ,it needs to be re figured ,but as my remote key is broken i cant configure it is this the problem .i have little knowledge about electrics but i do have power to the coils on the middle wire but no spark when plug earthed ,crank angle sensor was from the old engine and was working fine prior to the exchange of engines only swapped the engines cause i cooked the old one,,checked and rechecked wiring all seems fine,can somebody please help with a answer i can try to get it going thanks

1998 ford 2.0litre zetec mondeo hc - engine changed now not firing - Peter D

Remove the fuel pump fuse and probe across the holder with an ammeter 10 amp range. Establish that the fuel pump has power whilst cranking. The remote fob does not contain the immobiliser transponder, it is in the body of the key. Regards Peter

1998 ford 2.0litre zetec mondeo hc - engine changed now not firing - injection doc

is the black wire with blue stripe fitted on the earth post of the battery ? seem to remeber these often get left off afetr a battery fit and this is the earth for the ECU.