which car to buy under £1,000 ? - londoncardriver

Hi

I own a Fiat Panda 1988 1.0 with extremely low milage (only had 1 owner since new when I bought it and seems to be genuine milage, although I'm no expert). It was my first car.

I want something more modern for better street cred, comfort, overtaking power, and also a cigarette lighter to charge my electronics. (I have no interest in getting one fitted, also don't want to mess with the value of the panda).

How about a 10 year old VW Polo? I saw one for £800 with 100k on it. My mother reckons 100k is too high and it's not worth the risk, but seriously what else can you get for £800. There seem to be a few Polos going for under a grand. Any advice....?

which car to buy under £1,000 ? - Collos25

Any car you buy will be a gamble you have to look for the cleanest one that suits you preferable with good tyres ,brake discs,and clutch that does not burn oil and parts are easily and cheaply come buy has to be a ford focus petrol.

which car to buy under £1,000 ? - P3t3r

Does a Fiat Seicento Sporting have better 'street cred'? You could get one for £1000 with a lot less than 100,000 miles. They also have electric windows, central locking and alloys as standard. Running costs are pretty low too.

Thanks guys

which car to buy under £1,000 ? - tanvir

Early Focus 1.6

Early Focus 1.6

Thanks but I don't want anything over 1.4 - I have to insure the thing.