2001 Renault Megane Scenic Priv Monaco 1.6 5 door - Renault Scenic 2001 Drivers Window jammed down - hamage

Got second-hand of a friend - 2 days later driver's window is refusing to come back up after I pressed it all the way down. There's still a whirring motor sound when you press the button, but no show of the glass.

Have read previous advice about removing fuses for newer scenics, causing the window to go up - but I've no idea which is the right fuse on this model. There's four 25amp white fuses labelled as 'windows'. Any idea which is the right one, or whether this is the right solution for a 2001 scenic where the motor's still whirring?

Should I just take it to a garage?

2001 Renault Megane Scenic Priv Monaco 1.6 5 door - Renault Scenic 2001 Drivers Window jammed down - CAR-PROBLEMS? SOLVED

you might find that the wire for bringing it up and down as snapped or come of the runner, take you door panel off and take a look what is happening when you try to bring the window up and down,,,, hope this helps and good luck

2001 Renault Megane Scenic Priv Monaco 1.6 5 door - Renault Scenic 2001 Drivers Window jammed down - elekie&a/c doctor

Agree with above.the cable drive regulator mechanism has broken.Aftermarket part is available from motor factors from around £50.If yo go to Renault,they will sell you the complete unit for around £200.hth

2001 Renault Megane Scenic Priv Monaco 1.6 5 door - Renault Scenic 2001 Drivers Window jammed down - hamage

Any idea how to take a renault scenic drivers door off then?