Vauxhall Astra G Coupe/Convertible - ECU, fault code p0505 astra coupe - nigelr

Hi I wondered if anybody has any suggestions regarding the above fault p0505 (idle control voltage high) have had this problem for a while .I have changed the throttle bodies twice and had the values adapted to the ecu but the fault still remained, next course of action was to have the ecu sent away for test was told fault on 5volt side authorised repair .On refitting the ecu I decided to put a code reader on before starting the engine so that all was lit was the dash lights the ecu still had p0505 fault still present which I found odd after the ecu was supposed to have been fixed and tested and also I would have thoght the engine had to be running to trigger the code.I reset the light and tried starting the car and it ran ok for about 5 minutes and then put the light on.Are these simtec 70 ecu worth repairing or would it be best to replace it with a new one . Any thoghts and replies regarding this fault are very much appreciated has I am lost with where to go next.The car has also been in the dealers who are not sure but think it could be the ecu.

Thanks Nigel

Vauxhall Astra G Coupe/Convertible - ECU, fault code p0505 astra coupe - injection doc

have you checked for an air leak casuing the throttle body idle control to over compensate !

also have you got champion plugs fitted ?make sure its fitted with vauxhall plugs ! I have known these plugs or some other resistor plugs to cause electrical noise under the bonnet causing this fault or AFM fault.

Hi ,yes have checked all arond throttle body with new gasket fitted and also the hoses connected to it also a mechanic has been over it with a stethoscope and could find no air or vaccum leak, thank`s for your reply...

Vauxhall Astra G Coupe/Convertible - ECU, fault code p0505 astra coupe - injection doc

what about a servo leak ? stethoscope isnt the answer, it really needs a smoke pro or ultrasonic leak check !

"If a jobs worth doing then do it well"

Thanks I will get that one checked out ,once again thank`s for your suggestion.The other problem I would like answering is why the ecu should show the code with just the ignition on after it had been repaired and tested.??

may be worth unwrapping the wiring loom incase the wire has rubbed through to another internally ! seen it loads of times before.I have lost count of the number of engine looms I have unwrapped and inspected every inch to find where wires intertwine they wear and rub through ! & pick up a feed or earth from another scource!

Thank`s doc have done that with loom out of ecu ,but loom into ecu is all in plastic conduit that goes to a junction plug on the bulk head with no wires going through bulk head,but i`ll have another look .Thank`s Nigel..

Vauxhall Astra G Coupe/Convertible - ECU, fault code p0505 astra coupe - AliMo61

Hi Nigel

I have the same code and I wondered if and how you resolved this. I have cleaned the throttle body out and tested the Mass air sensor but the EML light will not reset and it still steems not quite right when I am driving it.

Alison