Volvo S40 - Missing documentation - rogcal

Despite several phone calls and emails to the dealership concerned (they claim to be the largest in the UK), I have not received the MOT or new keeper slip for the used vehicle we purchased from them 3 weeks ago.

My concern is that with the road fund licence being due at the end of this month, I shall not be in possession of the documentation required to renew it.

A phone call to the DVLA today confirmed that they have not received the V5C from the dealership and with a turnaround of 2 to 4 weeks for a new V5c to be issued in my name, there's little chance that I'll even be in receipt of that document before the end of the month.

My intention was to renew before budget day just in case there is an increase in VED.

I am aware I can visit my nearest VLO and renew there but that is only possible if I apply for a duplicate V5c at the same time at the cost of £25.

All this is getting very frustrating and looks as though I shall be having to cough up £25 for a duplicate V5c plus the cost of a 60 mile round journey to the nearest DLO.

Do you think I would be be within my rights to claim these costs plus any increase in VED from the dealership if the original documents fail to turn up in time?

They just seem to be playing a game of pass the parcel with no one prepared to admit the fact that the documents have gone missing.

Not what you expect from the biggest car dealership in the country!

Volvo S40 - Missing documentation - LucyBC
Send details to asklucy@honestjohn.co.uk and I will see if I can resolve it for you.

Thanks Lucy but it looks like my phone call and email to the chairman of the group that owns the dealership may have resosolved the matter.

Got a call from the dealer principal who told me the missing documents had been found in the desk of the salesman who sold me the vehicle. He didn't sound a happy bunny perhaps due to the fact that someone from on high had had to intervene.

I hope to receive the documents by Saturday and if I do I shall post on here to that effect.

Thanks again for your offer of help and I hope I don't have to make use of your services on this matter.

Just an update to confirm that the missing documents arrived the following day and that's all.

No letter apologising for the delay or giving us the run around.

I shall stay clear of EH in the future and continue to ask myself how they managed to become the country's largest motor dealers with such poor customer service.

I know, I know, it's all about volume sales. Get customers through the door, do the deal and forget about them, as there's plenty more mugs out there!

Volvo S40 - Missing documentation - Avant

"Not what you expect from the biggest car dealership in the country!"

Unfortunately that's exactly what one can expect from a big car dealer. We have thread after thread on this forum from people rightly aggrieved at don't care attitudes from both sales and service staff: but very rarely does this happen with family-owned businesses.

It's always good to support smaller businesses: if they give you better service anyway it makes sense as well.

I do hope your problem is sorted out as you believe it will be - Lucy will certainly help you if it isn't.

Volvo S40 - Missing documentation - bonzo dog

Unfortunately that's exactly what one can expect from a big car dealer

Agreed, unfortunately.

I had a similar experience with a major group where they had not registered a 3 year service & recovery plan I had purchased. I was getting nowhere with the dealership but (like the OP) an e-mail to a director resolved the isue within minutes