Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Andrew Velcro

Hi All

I have found a split in the pipe between my intercooler and EGR valve. Fords want £55 and I am having trouble getting one elsewhere. Does anyone know of a supplier. I'm suprised that motor factors don't seem to stock preformed hoses, is there a reason?

Thanks

Andy

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Peter.N.

Hi Andy

You can buy pipe of various sizes at motor factors, that's by far the cheapest way to do it, but if its complicated in shape a Ford one will probably be the only way, although I have made up pipes using rubber tube and copper fittings.

Peter

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Andrew Velcro

Thanks Peter, all the motor factors I have spoken to can supply lengths of pipe and fittings but no one seems to do preformed pipes. I think they are missing a trick if Fords are charging £55, common fault on this engine too.

Andy

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - 2fast4u

When the intercooler pipe split on my Jag X type 2.0d (same or similar engine to yours) i had to go to the dealers, as no one else had them. £63.72 for a small length of kinked pipe, that must of cost about a fiver to make.

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Englishbullterrier

Not possible to cut out the split section and insert some copper tubing and use 2 jubilee clips or similar repair ?.........ebt

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - 2fast4u

Yeah, that would work,but you would need a bit of 2" diameter pipe.

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Peter.N.

A bit of alloy scaffold or aerial mast would probably do it, or even a section of exhaust.

Ford Mondeo TDCi 03 - Intercooler Pipe - Englishbullterrier

A bit of alloy scaffold or aerial mast would probably do it, or even a section of exhaust.

Scaffold might be a bit thick walled and heavy, but aluminium aerial mast or exhaust would be idea, and a b***** site cheaper than a Ford replacement pipe !!!

Good suggestion Peter N......ebt