any - dangerous HID headlights - injection doc
I see areport out condeming HID headlamps, 90% of those asked claimed to of been dazzled by them!
I'm not so sure its the HID lamps, i think its more a case of those that are not correctly aligned and those that are incorrectly fitted to cars as conversions kits, but worse still are those that will fit the illegal 110w bulbs. having been an MOT tester its so easy to spot those cars driving around clearly with illegal bulbs and included are motorcycles where some are running around on full beam or badly adjusted
any - dangerous HID headlights - Andy P

Another useless report then - there's no point looking at the effect of something if you don't understand the cause.

any - dangerous HID headlights - Problem_Polo :-/

I agree with your point about motorcycles, some of them are downright dangerous with their floodlights glaring out day and night. Just no need for it, dipped beam perfectly sufficient. A driver who fails to see a lit headlamp is unlikely to notice the difference IMHO!

any - dangerous HID headlights - MikeTorque

1. It's illegal to sell or use aftermarket HID lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon.

2. Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle parts which are not legal. Hence, selling or using high wattage bulbs is illegal.

3. Yes, some HID Xenon headlamps are far too bright and dazzle overcoming drivers.