Vauxhall Corsa 1.7cdti 2007 - Bought a 'Clocked' car - HELP PLEASE - HiteshP

I bought a 2007 Corsa last Nov 2010 with 21k on the clock. I tried to sell it this week and the buyers carried out a HPI check on the car and it has a 'flag' from the national milage register stating there could be a milage discrepancy.

I just got a HPI report myself and the milage intervals are as following:

35k, 41k, 45k, 51k, 61k, 21k, 23k. (It was recorded as 21k 9 days before I bought it from a small dealer/garage in Leeds).

I did do a simple car check before I bought it and did not flag up any warnings so I was happy buying it.

The garage was at current owners and said it was a business vehicle they accuired from a trader (so only had 1 owner on the log documents). I received a receipt of the dealer and still have all their details. They also gave me (im guessing its forged) a service booklet in which they had carried out a service at 10ishk and 20ishk of owning the car (he said it was his wifes). The service stamps are from the car garage I bought it from (the seller owns and runs it).

Does anybody know what I can do? I would like either my money back (I paid 5k for the car) Or the difference in value as I'm guessing the car has done 70k+ by now. (on 24k now).

Would I have a claim in court? As I don't think the garage will readily admit liability..

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.7cdti 2007 - Bought a 'Clocked' car - HELP PLEASE - LucyBC
Selling a clocked car is a criminal offence and supporting it with fraudulent documentation would compound the issue.

The car is not "as described" hence you have a claim for the money back - less an allowance for the mileage you have done in it - or you may be able to negotiate a refund off the original selling price.

I can probably help you with your case. Please contact me with full details via asklucy@honestjohn.co.uk
Vauxhall Corsa 1.7cdti 2007 - Bought a 'Clocked' car - HELP PLEASE - pompeydave

hi,try contacting local vauxhall garage who can check/test mileage on ECU compared to speedo,i did once on a clocked vectra only to find a 50k difference !!

Vauxhall Corsa 1.7cdti 2007 - Bought a 'Clocked' car - HELP PLEASE - PatrickO

Contact the Police! This is fraud, plain and simple.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.7cdti 2007 - Bought a 'Clocked' car - HELP PLEASE - Lygonos

Dealers can and do go to jail for willfully selling clocked cars.