Land Rover Freelander 2, 2.2TDI HSE 09-Reg - Freelander 2 - Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - RoyT

When test driving a 2009 Freelander diesel, the dealer assured me that this age of Freelander (registered March 2009) did not have a DPF and that they were only fitted to more recent versions. Is this true, and if so, when were DPFs introduced on the Freelander, and how can I know for sure whether a car I consider has one or not ? I assume that without a DPF, the concerns about too many short journeys in a diesel car disappear ?

Thanks for any advice.

Land Rover Freelander 2, 2.2TDI HSE 09-Reg - Freelander 2 - Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - injection doc

Road tax charge may be a give away. I have a 58 Freelander 2 and I ordered it new without a DPF, it was an option on the price list !! Why would i want to pay more to have one fitted , then to continue to have it replaced plus the fuel consumption was worse with a DPF, so a no brainer really.

Concerns about short journeys with DPF clogging up will dissapear !

To be 100% sure ask the parts counter whilst quoting the chassis number

The most ironic thing is that we keep being told to use our cars for essential journeys only but when you have a car with a DPF it may need a good 20 min thrash on a dual carrige way, so if you only do short trips it means you have to make extra trips burning more fuel ! just to please the DPF or line the dealers pockets with more dosh to clean or replace it, LOL