Vauxhall Vivaro - Vauxhall Vivaro Alarm problem - clint4782

Hi all, new to the site so be gentle with me!

My 07 Vivaro van (Vauxhall fitted standard alarm I think) car alarm has just started to malfunction; if I try and 'double lock' using the fob, it waits a couple of minutes then fires the alarms. If I try a 'single lock' using the fob, it may go within 30 seconds, or wait up to an hour. Whenever I try and perform any lock using the fob, it bleeps to indicate it doesn't think the doors are shut! If I really slam the doors, then it may work and the alarm stays quiet. Understandably, neighbours not hugely impressed!

I haven't disconnected anything, moved anything or broken anything, it's just 'happened'; any help (very) gratefully received!

Thanks, Clint

Vauxhall Vivaro - Vauxhall Vivaro Alarm problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The most common problem on these for alarm/interior light faults is the contact for the left rear door does not shut off properly.This is caused by the rubber buffer that touches the door contact switch falls off.Check the very bottom corner of the door,nearest the hinge,to see if is missing.hth

Vauxhall Vivaro - Vauxhall Vivaro Alarm problem - clint4782

Thanks, I'll check that. If it's not that and I can't solve it before professional help, can I disconnect the power sounder without issues? EXACTLY where is it and what does it look like? Thanks for the advice.