Ford Mondeo mk3 2ltr zeetec 51 pate - Speedo drops to zero and starts to missfire - burnt out

Hi anyone had a similar experience, it would appear to get worse when the electrical load on the car is increased. Have cleaned all the earth points and had the ecu cleared and rebooted with the latest software updates but still the problem exists. This firstly started when i changed a dipped head light bulb which when they were turned on stopped the engine.Cleaning the earths seems to have got rid of that problem but now i am left with this intermittent fault. The fuel gauge also drops when this occurs and when the ignition is quickly switched off and on again the faults are cleared untill it decides to reoccur. One thing i have noticed is that during the period of the ignition being swiched off the interior lighting becomes brighter. THe output from the alternator is 13.1 volts with everything turned off is this considered low as with everything on it can drop to 11.4. I wondered if this could be part of the problem.

Any info would be gratefully recieved.