Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

Ford Focus Mk2 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - catch22
How stupid am I ?

I managed to get the pollen filter out, stood up and examined it. To b***** interested in seeing if it looked like it had been changed recently. And hence I made the classic cock up, I forgot which way it was when in situation.

Now when putting my hand in the filter slot, I cannot honestly say which way the air flow is blowing.

So the big question is to anybody who has done one on a Mk2 Focus, does the Air Flow Arrows on the side of the filter, point towards the BONNET or towards the CABIN, when fitted correctly ?

As I don't want to put it all back together, then find I have it in the wrong way.

Cheers

Tags: technical issues pollen filter fuel economy maintenance and servicing DPF

Ford Focus Mk2 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - elekie&a/c doctor
I'm sure the air flow arrow points towards the cabin.To confirm,take a look at the old one.I think the dirty side will be nearer the engine.It is not a big deal if you get it wrong.hth
Ford Focus Mk2 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - catch22
Cheers mate much appreciated,

and yes I had it confirmed as such by two other guys on another forum. Unlike me they had both been paying attention when doing te job. Me I was to intrested in inspecting the filter to assertain if it had ever been changed.

Anyway as it turned out, I fathomed it out myself proir to anyone coming back with an answer. Besides I just wanted to put it all back together, I didn't want the neigbours thinking I didn't know what I was doing lol.

I once owned a pub, and in the beer cellar there was a fan behind the aircon unit forcing air through it. As against a fan in front of the aircon unit trying to pull air through it. So I just applied that logic to my problem, and at worst I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. lol

Photo's of whats involved and instructions can be found by following the included link. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules doing it, but I look on the web as one big universal help forum. In that we are all here to help one another

www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=...9

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube