New Mini - Any genuine savings!?!? - Carmad 10000
Hi,

I have been looking round some sites for a new mini and got a quote on each for the following:

MINI One
Salt Pack
15inch alloys
Chrome bumpers
TLC Pack

so far these are my figures:

Drive the deal - terrible £6.50 saving!!!!!

micronetshowroom - £850 saving but without TLC and is an import so probably around £300 saving

UK Car Broker does not have it on their website but im not sure it will be any better....

So far i aint having much luck! - im still tempted by micronet as i plan to keep the car for some time so resale wont be an issue. But the TLC pack is good value on UK cars...

If you know of any better deals elsewhere - i.e. what a dealer should give off (if anything!!) or of any websites PLEASE leave a message!

cheers

NEW MINI - ANY GENUINE SAVINGS!?!? - jud
Poor build and reliability on early cars, one to avoid i think
NEW MINI - ANY GENUINE SAVINGS!?!? - Carmad 10000
Well I am pretty much sold on buying a mini but obviously i want to find a decent price if at all possible.
Poor build and reliability on early cars, one to avoid i think
I too think they look great, but reliability is the top of my wish list. As for decent discounts strong demand makes this a non starter. For mini problems search the mini1 web site.
Sorry sent the wrong message.
NEW MINI - ANY GENUINE SAVINGS!?!? - Carmad 10000
Thing is, the mini is perhaps the best small car produced in terms of desirability, residuals and also running costs (tlc pack for £100 - 5 years servicing).

I have definitely decided to buy one as there are no other decent small cars in the same league in my view.

206 = Nice looks, shame about the interior and driving position (also unreliable)

fabia = great price, bland looks and although skoda is a new brand with vw support, the name still sounds naff in my opinion :-D

Lupo/Arosa = german build quality and residuals but too small and girly too

New fiesta = 1.4 is only zetec version available and is gutless - 5dr only at the moment only, clinical looks

there are others but not gonna go into them all - believe me - been through them all!

So new mini is definitely the winner....but where to buy!?
A new Yaris for around 7k, have you driven it?(chain cam). Even the Micra, new models going for around 5.5k!