peugeot 306 glx petrol 1.6 1997 - 306 glx petrol starting fault ecu immobiliser - chrisdaniels

the cold weather made my 306 harder and harder to start, then it wouldnt even turn over. Tried jump leads, didnt even start, so got a new battery to make sure it had the right juice. It started. The next day, it wouldnt start again. Jump start, it wouldnt start, eventully it did, turn it off and it d start. thee next day it would nt start.

Anway, ive changed the cam shaft sensor, the relay behind the ecu, and the coil pack. there is no spark at the spark plugs but it does turn over. too add to this, ive read a few things on the forums, sometime, which is random if i take some of the key fuses out then put them back in and try again it starts, and runs fine. then reverts back to the not starting state again the next day.

ive had an auto electrican around with his laptop, joined it up, it did not display a fault, there is fuel being pumped.

he messed around for a while, and strongly thought that it is the ecu. could it be anything else.

i have the ecu, but need him to fit it as its not obvious which immobiliser is with the car. it has no keypad

it runs fine aside from this problem