Jaguar X Type 2.1 2002 - Engine Light on X-Type Jag but car runs fine? - HKPI

Hi, I bought a Jag X-Type last week, so far so good,

However i took a punt on it as sold as seen, Im not a mechanic but Ive seen enough duffs in my time to know if its a shed or not.

Anyways, I did buy it with the engine light on, I have had a similar thing like this with a VW Bora I had, it was a sensor issue also on a BMW, that was an air bag light.

The Engine light is on, however it seems to be running fine, no misfire, just had a full service, new sparks, filters, fully synth oil etc.. but the light is still on.

Does anyone know why this could be on, Im getting a diagnostic run on it today/tomorrow but just looking for any pointers as I dont want to be ripped off etc..

Thanks in advance.

Jaguar X Type 2.1 2002 - Engine Light on X-Type Jag but car runs fine? - elekie&a/c doctor

As with most modern cars,the Eml covers a multitude of fault codes and well over 100 on this model.I think you need to wait for a diag check before going any further.hth

Jaguar X Type 2.1 2002 - Engine Light on X-Type Jag but car runs fine? - injection doc

did the EML ight appear after the plugs were changed ? Whilst I agree with elekie doc that there are 1001 different causes of the light to come on, some makes of plugs cause electrical noise triggering a cam sensor ref fault, so be aware if this issue is flagged! hego sensors are also common but it will need a code read first