VW Golf Mk 4 GT TDI - Faulty remote locking at same time as no interior - alex ni

I started the car as normal and noticed that the interior light, electric windows and later the remote door locking was not working. I have checked the fuses with no results. It all happened at the same time.

What could it be please?

VW Golf Mk 4 GT TDI - Faulty remote locking at same time as no interior - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds very much like a fuse problem.Take the fuses out of their locations one by one and make a close visual check.Difficult to do with fuses in situ as they are so close together.hth
VW Golf Mk 4 GT TDI - Faulty remote locking at same time as no interior - alex ni

I have tried this again with negative results. I have also found that the electric sunroof is not working either now.

Are all on the same circuit or is there a relay somewhere that may have blown.

Thanks.

Alex

VW Golf Mk 4 GT TDI - Faulty remote locking at same time as no interior - elekie&a/c doctor

How old is this car,2000/1 ?It is possible that you have a fault with the comfort module which is located behind the fuse box.This controls these functions.hth

VW Golf Mk 4 GT TDI - Faulty remote locking at same time as no interior - KenC

I had a similar problem with my 2003 VW Golf Diesel

I noticed the rear offside sidelamp has failed ( at the end of a journey) having a spare bulb in the boot I changed it ( in the dark) probably with the side light s on .

After replacing the bulb I had the following faults ( not working)

1.boot courtesy lamp, 2.interior courtesy lampS 3.electric windows/central locking.

The cause was a blown minature fuse, once replaced everything worked.

The faulty fuse was dificult to find ( amongst the rest of them) I suggest that you

check all the fuses again in daylight.examine each one carefully fuse box is on right of dashboard you need the drivers door open to find it.

Thanks Ken C

Exact problem.

Solved, many thanks to all

Alex