Fiesta rear wheel alignment - Blue {P}
I forgot to ask this one after I last had the wheel aligned, the other thread about the Mondeo reminded me...

When I had the wheel aligned, I asked the guy to check the rear wheels for me. He said there wasn't much point as the axle was solid and couldn't be adjusted.

I said I would appreciate it if he could check anyway, so he did.

He put the gauges on and then a puzzled look. Called over someone else and got him to look at it.

Apparently Fiesta rear axles are supposed to toe in at rest and then toe out slightly under load, yet mine was toeing out whilst at rest in the garage! :(

He said not to worry unless I get uneven tyre wear. But I thought I'd check on here anyway, has anyone else heard of anything like this? Is it likely to be a serious problem?
Blue
Fiesta rear wheel alignment - madf
You did not say how old/many miles the Festa has.
I would agree with the fitter but if old/many miles it is possible the rear suspension bushes are worn and need replacing.(jackup and screwdriver test for sideways movement).
If no wear on bushes and tires not wearing I would ignore ..(not being a perfectionist):-)
madf
The car is 6 months old and has covered less than 6,000 miles.

:(

I am a perfectionist though, perhaps i should write to Ford UK and ask if a problem occurs as a result of this in the future whether it will be covered by them?
Blue
Fiesta rear wheel alignment - Keith S
Perhaps they compared it to the figure for a previous model or a non-sporty version??
Fiesta rear wheel alignment - jc
Fiestas have a parallel beam; how do you adjust an unadjustable rear suspension??
Fiesta rear wheel alignment - madf
"how do you adjust an unadjustable rear suspension??"

Kerb it?

(not quite a serious answer I know, but I suggest that one of the suspension mounting points is misaligned or the axle is deformed in some way?)
madf
That's the only thing that I can think of, if the axle was twisted, but I've never kerbed it at anything more than a crawl that was just enough to mount the kerb gently... Certainly not enough to damage the axle!

The only way that I can think the fault could be corrected would be by replacement of all of the rear suspension and axle parts...
Blue
Fiesta rear wheel alignment - smokie
The only way that I can think the fault could be corrected would be by replacement of all of the rear suspension and axle parts...

He didn't pass judgement after a sharp intake of breath, shaking of the head, a little tutting and pound signs rolling in his eyes did he?