ford focus 2003 - Hissing brake and almost conking out at stops - Pabizz

Hello all,

Just notice that when i depress brake pedal with engine off, pedal does hissing sound and also when i am driving and come to any sort of stopping, head lights go deem and engine sounds like it is going to conk out for a second or two then goes back to normal. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Its a ford focus 03 plate.

Cheers

P

ford focus 2003 - Hissing brake and almost conking out at stops - injection doc
sounds very much like a failed servo diaphram causing the rush of air & the engine to stall. My advice would be not to drive as the servo will not retain any air when the engine stalls & the brake pedal will become rock hard with very little braking effect!
New servo i'm afraid
ford focus 2003 - Hissing brake and almost conking out at stops - jc2

Try the above by blocking off the pipe from servo to engine and see if it stops the engine stalling-could be a leak on the pipe or it's connections but if not then likely to be the diaphragm.

ford focus 2003 - Hissing brake and almost conking out at stops - bathtub tom

Try the above by blocking off the pipe from servo to engine and see if it stops the engine stalling-could be a leak on the pipe or it's connections but if not then likely to be the diaphragm.

Warning!

If you try driving the car with this pipe blocked off you'll have no power assistance to your brakes. You will have to apply considerable pressure to the brake pedal to get any reasonable braking effect.