honda accord 2001 1.8 vtec sport - car won't rev past 3500rpm - kikaz

this started tonight on my way home from work i went round a corner my stereo cut out for a second the abs light flashed on and off and then the managment light came on the will now not rev past 3200 rpm when i get to these revs it's like it is hitting the limiter.

when i turned the engine off and back on again it revved fone took it out for a spin hasitated abit at 4000rpm still not right but drives i don't want to start thrashing the daylights out of it to test how far up the range it goes for fear of causing further damage.

anyone got any clues as to were to start looking nothing i can do with it till wednesday now with everything being closed for christmas just wondered if anyone had any previous experience with this happening to them.

honda accord 2001 1.8 vtec sport - car won't rev past 3500rpm - elekie&a/c doctor

I wonder if it is related to the alternator charging voltage?Possibly an overcharge situation causing electronics to shut down and go into protection mode.You will need to get a voltmeter on the battery to check output.hth

honda accord 2001 1.8 vtec sport - car won't rev past 3500rpm - injection doc

I suspect yopu have a wiring fault, or charging fault. It sounds like you may have a wire on a main cuircuit shorting & conering is moving the wiring & causing a momentry short or break. This would trigger of ABS light fault & engine into limp mode.

There should be stored fault codes in the ECU which may indicate low voltage issue.I would suggest you check the battery connections & then get a sparky to have a look.

honda accord 2001 1.8 vtec sport - car won't rev past 3500rpm - AndyT
Other than the above, maybe one the main earthing cables from engine to body/ body to battery has corroded, or worked loose. Check the battery connections in general for tightness and cleanliness.