1998 Toyota Avensis R reg - 1998 Toyota Avensis Central locking problem - shooby337

Hi

I appear to be having issues where e key fob doesn't lock the doors but does arm the alarm. And inserting the key into the door doesn't work the doors either (it only unlocks/locks the driver door).

It all started the other night. Come home from work locked the car and went in. Came out later grabbed my bag from the back of the car (using the rear passenger side door) and lockd the car and went in. 5 Mins later myneighbour locked the door to say the interior light was on. Went out and checked the light (was set to door) so shut the door and tried to lock the car on the key fob. Didn't work. Tried key in the door didn't work. And the interior light still wouldn't turn off.

I have now set it the interior light to off. And checked all the power locking fuses all are fine.

Any ideas?

1998 Toyota Avensis R reg - 1998 Toyota Avensis Central locking problem - shooby337

Worked it out.

Anyone else has problems with this its the Intergration relay which is located just underneath the fuse box behind the drivers dash. Unplug the wire and then pull the black box off, give it a few minutes (I gave it 10) plug it back in and bobs your uncle. Problem solved.

1998 Toyota Avensis R reg - 1998 Toyota Avensis Central locking problem - yogi

Hi all

I have a Toyota Avensis, 1998 model and I appear to be having issues where e key fob doesn't lock the doors but does activate the alarm. And inserting the key into the door doesn't work the doors either (it only unlocks/locks the driver door). even when i open the door interior lamp not working, eventhough it's set on DOOR!

I managed to locate intergration relay as suggested by SHOOBY337 posted on 12 Dec 2010 but didn't figure out, which wire to unplug! also wondering whether it's to do with the battery? not sure it required to change it? how to check that? any suggestion please?

Look forward from hearing from you soon and thanks in advance.

Edited by yogi on 13/01/2011 at 09:31