My vehicle has been seized by police. - manoj5480

Hi

Question for you if you can help, my car has been seized although my friend was willing to drive the and was fully insured to drive it, the police said it is up to them whether they allow this, is this true??

Many thanks in advance for any help.

My vehicle has been seized by police. - Falkirk Bairn

Seized? Why? No Ins / No MoT / No DL?

No Insurance - they will want an Ins Policy Certificate / Covernote for the car -

3rd party Driver with DoC cover on their own policy is not acceptable.

No D/L was the reason but it is confusion around this with DVLA.
What is a DoC??
My vehicle has been seized by police. - jaybee24

Driving other cars

Is this a new thing? As I have always seen on tv that they allow this.
My vehicle has been seized by police. - Dwight Van Driver

From Surrey Police and majority of Forces follow the same protcol:

If the driver/registered keeper or owner cannot recover the seized vehicle for whatever reason, he or she can nominate a responsible person to recover it on their behalf. The responsibilities remain the same and the nominated person must produce at the Police station stipulated on the seizure notice the following documents:-

<*********="3">

1. Their driving licence (for photo card licence bring both parts)

2. A certificate of insurance authorising them to drive that vehicle (check with insurance company first as some companies will not cover collection of a vehicle on behalf of someone else that has been lawfully seized by the police).

3. Evidence of ownership of the vehicle (log book, bill of sale or DVLA related documents for the seized vehicle). It is always advisable, wherever possible, for the registered keeper to attend where a nominated driver is collecting the vehicle. If the registered keeper does not attend with the nominated driver, the nominated driver needs to bring with them written confirmation from the registered keeper that they are authorised to collect their vehicle.

If you fail to bring any of these documents, including the seizure notice, we will be unable to release the vehicle to you and you will have had a wasted journey.

Once the documents have been checked (against the Police National Computer, DVLA records and the Motor Insurance Bureau for validity) and the counter staff are satisfied that everything is in order, they will stamp the seizure notice authorising the release of the vehicle.

Please be aware it may take up to an hour for the necessary checks to be completed. Surrey Police will not authorise the release of seized vehicles unless satisfied with the validity of documents produced.

It is then your responsibility to attend the authorised garage.

If you are a provisional driver you will need to attend the garage with ‘L’ plates and a qualified driver to accompany you.

?dvd

My vehicle has been seized by police. - Peter D

Please explain why you have no licence and why you were driving the car. Regards Peter