FIAT Punto - V5C - cravensdad

Hi. Just bought this car but the previous keeper hasn't signed section 8 of the V5C. Need to tax it at the post office tomorrow so is this a problem? How about I just scrawl something myself... lol Thanks for any help, Rob.

FIAT Punto - V5C - fordman1
Do you have section 10 of the V5 document? ie The new Keeper Section?

note, Some people are unaware of the correct procedure that follows a private sale, although they should have looked it up.

Did you purchase the vehicle from a dealer or privately?

If you have section 10 of the V5 document, you will be able to tax the vehicle for up to 2 months after you purchased it.

If you dont receive a V5 through the post, after 4 weeks, you will need to obtain from your local Post Office a 'V62' document (this is an application for a new V5') and send it to DVLA.

It does not usually take this long for you to receive the document. Note that when you do receive the V5, the front design colours may well have changed to red and blue.

Edited by fordman1 on 04/12/2010 at 01:31

Do you have section 10 of the V5 document? ie The new Keeper Section? Did you purchase the vehicle from a dealer or privately? If you have section 10 of the V5 document, you will be able to tax the vehicle for up to 2 months after you purchased it. If you dont receive a V5 through the post, after 4 weeks, you will need to obtain from your local Post Office a 'V62' document (this is an application for a new V5') and send it to DVLA. It does not usually take this long for you to receive the document. Note that when you do receive the V5, the front design colours may well have changed to red and blue.

Hi. Yes I have section 10 and I purchased it privately. Doe this mean I can tax it then? Rob.

FIAT Punto - V5C - fordman1

You can tax the car if you have section 10, of the V5 document.

This section is valid for up to 2 months until your new V5 arrives

You can tax the car if you have section 10, of the V5 document.

This section is valid for up to 2 months until your new V5 arrives

That's excellent.

Many thanks for the advice.