Mercedes CLS - Car not level side to side - chipper

Hello,

I've recently bought a used Mercedes CLS 320 CDI (2007) and, because I worry about such things, I asked for a geometry check to be done.
Most things seem to be ok except that I noticed a measurement 'vehicle level ready to drive - rear axle' had a 'D' next to the figures which according to the key means 'Difference left/right (Max. Deviation)'
The readings were:
Left: 1.7mm / -0.90 degrees
Right: 8.4mm / -0.20 degrees
Target: 5.0mm +/- 10.0mm (-0.56 degrees +/- 1.05)

Each individual measurement is within spec, but the report which is a 'mercedes benz chassis measurement' flags up the difference on this reading (along with the rear camber).

I checked the car later that evening to see if I could tell any difference left to right and it appeared that the car was a bit lower on the left side (seemed about a 1 cm down compared to right). After this, I filled the car up (car was very low on fuel) and now the right hand side is about 1cm lower, meaning that the 'tilt' at the rear has changed to tilting the opposite way to before it was full.

My question, after all this, is does anyone understand whether these figures indicate a problem (if so what) and does it make sense that filling the car up with fuel (about 75 litres added to fill the car up to 80 litres) should make the difference that it seems to make. Is the fuel tank on the right hand side of the car (rather than spread evenly accross the rear)?

I have asked the dealer this question, but I suspect they are motivated to minimise the importance of this question given they've just sold me the car.

Any help much appreciated as I am worried that I've bought a car that has been in an accident that has bent things that affect the suspension.

Mercedes CLS - Car not level side to side - Collos25

Stop worrying the measurements are in spec and 80litres of fuel weighs a lot.

Stop worrying the measurements are in spec and 80litres of fuel weighs a lot.

Strictly speaking the measurements are not in spec since the deviation between left and right has exceed the manufactures tolerances (max deviation is 5mm, car deviates by 6.7mm). I meant that the individual measurements in themselves are within range specified individually. I'm only concerned because I'm concerned that the car has been abused

Mercedes CLS - Car not level side to side - bathtub tom

>>Target: 5.0mm +/- 10.0mm

The max deviation is 20mm (+/- 10). -5mm to +15mm.

>>Target: 5.0mm +/- 10.0mm

The max deviation is 20mm (+/- 10). -5mm to +15mm.

I can see why it would look like that but on the report there is a D next to the lhs and rhs measurement. At the bottom of the report there is key that says: D - Max Deviation left/right <= 5mm. There are other measurements that deviate on the report (such as the measurement for the front) but not by as much and there is no 'D' on them. Anyway, I was just wondering in general whether it is normal to experience a deviation in ride heght from left to right, my fuel tank is big, but apparently is distrbuted like two saddle bags evenly across the width of the car.

Mercedes CLS - Car not level side to side - Collos25

The steering wheel and dashboard are handed the drivers seat normally has more weight the washer bottle is on the drivers side.A car is not equally weighted left to right and a centimeter is so small not even think about.If you think there is a problem with the car employ an independant engineer to produce a full report.