Deal on new Golf GT Tdi 130 - ChrisBebbs
Please could you let me know your thoughts on this deal......

I'm looking to buy a Golf GT TDi new from my local dealer. they seem unwilling to drop below list price (£16,200 ish, 3 door), but they have offered £4,000 for my 2001/Y Punto 1.2 Elx 8v which has 31,000 miles and patchy service history, plus the Punto is an import so has alledgedly been down-valued.

So the offer is £12,200 to change, and they can do the finance at 7.1% APR. Sound like a good deal or has anyone got any suggestions??

Thanks.
Deal on new Golf GT Tdi 130 - PhilDews
Sounds like a pretty good trade-in price. Parkers suggests £4,065 trade-in, so given the import & history service its probably a good deal for you. The Golf seems to be about £1,000 higher than Honest John suggests in the story to your right about good deals. However, on balance I think given the relatively low finance deal (best bank deals seems to be 7.9%) probably makes it an okay deal, with the least hassle!

Let us know if you decide to take it...
Deal on new Golf GT Tdi 130 - ChrisBebbs
Just been back to the dealer, sat down to discuss the deal. He remembered me from last weekend - "Thats right, i remember you.... £4500 p/x for the Punto wasnt it?" Erm.... thank you!! So he couldnt remember all the facts!! So i was on a better deal straight away. Then spoke to a different finance bloke that sorted me out a finance deal that was £8/Month cheaper than quoted last weekend for the same borrowed amount (i used the extra £500 on my p/x to add a few more options!), but the deal was that i had to take the Gap insurance - at £8/month oddly enough.

Anyway, deal done, £1500 more than i expected to get for the Punto, discounted options added and a good finanace rate...... Roll on next weekend!!

Something i didnt ask about but someone will surely know - can the dealer do anything about the tax on the new car? With it being registered right at the end of the month, i'm going to lose some of the tax? I'm sure i remember my new Ka a few years ago was taxed for 12 months + 1 week??

Cheers!