Renault Kangoo Van - Cooant levels - kizzie99

Wondering if someone can help, as I am clueless when it comes to vehicle maintenance and really fed up with being done over by garages overcharing me simply because I don't know any different.

Recently my Kangoo started over heating on a long journey. I managed to get home, and next day checked the coolant level which was below the min mark, so I bought some coolant and filled up. However, two days later, I checked the level again and it was again below the min mark, so, bought some more coolant and refilled. Couple of days later; same thing. I have now refilled about 4 or 5 times, but days later the level is back down to below the minimum level mark on the bottle.

There is no sign of any leakage under the car on my driveway, where the van sits over night.

Please can anyone advise me on why this might be happening, so I can at least have an idea of what I am talking about if I need to take it to a garage for yet more repairs (its 10 years old, bought seond hand and had loads of probs with it since I got it, sigh.....)

Many thanks for any help anyone can give.

Renault Kangoo Van - Cooant levels - Peter D

Check for water in the oil, mayonnaise on the oil filler cap and overpressurised hoses when hot. and check the seal in the header tank cap. Regards Peter

Renault Kangoo Van - Cooant levels - Peter D

If it is overpressurising, to test for this let the car heat up from cold without the cap, fit the cap and go for a run then check the hoses, they should not be very pressurised. If they are then carefully release the pressure and reseal the cap and give it another short run. If it pressurises then you may have a head gasket problem. Go to a garage and have them check the header tank for combustion gases to confirm. Regards Peter