any - used car problems - oldroverboy

When I see a lot of the problems people ask about in the forum, I sometimes wonder if everybody here wrote or e-mailed to the manufacturers about what a lousy car this is for electricals or whatever, surely mass opinion will do something. No vehicle manufacturer can ignore the power of mass communications nowadays. From when I started driving in the 1970's car reliability was 1970's car reliability, but I have just bought a 2009 car for £7000 instead of its RRP price of £16000 aginst a new car that was £12000 in 1992 (new to new prices) Bigger depreciation now on the korean, but far better equipped and also far better fuel economy than the honda engined rover from 1992.

On the web forum I have found lots of good information on Dual mass flywheels, Particulate filters and driving style with both of these things on the car. What I never was asked at the dealer was whar would the car be used for!

I would say, first port of call if you have a car that is still under warranty, ask the dealer, as there may be a recall for your car and secondly, if you have dealer servicing carried out you will have your warranty, and if the car is serviced annually you will have some cover up until the 4th service is due, because the dealer will recover some cost from the manufacturer if it is aknown fault, and also will want to keep your custom.

For anyone else check the Good garage guide in Honest John. Three of my local garages within 2 miles are on it.

Happy motoring!

any - used car problems - Dutchie

Nice article OldRoverboy.

There are a lot of pitfalls buying a second hand car or a new car for that matter.A bit of research goes a long way.Cars with a long warranty are populair people want peace of mind owing a car.

And the expensive cars are not always the best in every day use.