Honda Accord Tourer - 2006 Accord CDTI - pre or post facelift? - likerocks

I'm in the market for an Accord diesel tourer and have found one that seems remarkably cheap compared to other ones of similar age and mileage (around £1k cheaper). The only reason that I can see for that being the case is the fact that it is pre-facelift.

The dealer insists that it's straight.

Does anyone know what the main differences pre and post lift are? Apart from the grille and bumper, is it true that they sorted the infamous electric tailgate and window seal issues post "56" plate? Is there anything else to make the post facelift that much more desirable?

Otherwise do I just need to play "spot the catch?"

Honda Accord Tourer - 2006 Accord CDTI - pre or post facelift? - ijws15

Didn't pre facelift have black window surrounds (as my 04 did) and post have chrome?

i didn't havea ny tailgate or leak problems

Honda Accord Tourer - 2006 Accord CDTI - pre or post facelift? - Collos25

My 54 plate had chrome everything the newer upgrade model has different steering wheel controls bluetooth and I believe a sound system that plays mp3 discs.

Honda Accord Tourer - 2006 Accord CDTI - pre or post facelift? - pd

Main difference is 5-sp v 6-sp. Other than that the facelift models have a trip computer, updated satnav and a few cosmetic changes.

All in all it was a pretty minor stuff and if a pre-facelift is the right price no reason not to go for it.

Honda Accord Tourer - 2006 Accord CDTI - pre or post facelift? - likerocks

great - cheers for the advice. It was too cheap to be true in the end, but my buying criteria are a bit wider now anyway!