Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - gmacdon

A few days ago my car (Audi A3 1.8T 2003) started to be really sluggish under acceleration at slow speeds, idled roughly etc.

I suspected spark plug fouling or something up with the air filter, but when i took the cover off the engine i found a burst air? pipe. Can somebody identify this please so that i can order a replacement. Also, can anybody think why that would happen?

Please see image link below:

Thanks,

Gordon

[IMG]i55.tinypic.com/15nah5u.jpg[/IMG]

http://i55.tinypic.com/15nah5u.jpg

Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - injection doc
Just a trip to audi and ask for a breather pipe, you should be able to help find it when they pull the details on the screen
Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - Peter D

Engine code required form the ID label in the sevice book or the label in the spare wheel bay. How many miles has it done. It looks like the top breather hose and to butst that would imply there is a blockage in the system. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 14/11/2010 at 19:35

Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - gmacdon
The engine code is AUM

Its done around 82,000 miles.

Any ideas what would cause that, if its a blockage where that might be?
Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - Peter D

This engine has a Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve and it sounds as if your may have failed or requires cleaning. You also have a Crankcase breather that may be bunged up with oil sludge. PM me your email address and I'll send to a locations diagram. Regards Peter

Not sure how to PM you, but my email is gmacdon76 at hotmail.com

Thanks,

Gordon

On its way. Regards Peter

Audi A3 1.8T (2003) - Please identify this engine part (photo included) - dansimo

Hi Gordon,

My wifes Audi A3 has the same issues and split pipe that you have mentioned. Have you since rectified the faults if would it be possible to confirm what is required.

Many Thanks

Dansimo

dansimo@blueyonder.co.uk

I have sent you the drawing. If you can not read .mdi files there are free readers on the net. Regards Peter