dvla what is going on - stuart roberts

DVLA had impounded my car due to a ‘computer error'. My vehicle was S.O.R.N and on land belonging to my landlord. As I was un aware that the DVLA had removed my vehicle I contacted the police and registered it as being stolen on that very day, only to receive a letter a week later from DVLA informing me they had impounded it as it did not have a valid tax disc or declared S.O.R.N .
The DVLA admitted that they had got it wrong when I telephoned them and they realised that my vehicle was S.O.R.N and they returned it with no charge.
A week goes by and everything is fine, my vehicle was returned and I had no charges to pay so I presumed that was the end of the story. However, yet another letter arrived stating that if I did not pay a fine of £99 I will be taken to court. So once again I phone them up to sort it all out. Now it appears that I have to provide evidence to back up my, so called story, that I had got an S.O.R.N notice on my vehicle and parked my vehicle on private land, even though they willingly returned my vehicle to me without charge. Grrrr! what do i do

dvla what is going on - LucyBC
They used to have a very good customer service department but now it is close to useless. I am afraid you have to go through their processes or they will do what they say but it can be very frustrating. The court would throw it out if it ever got there.