V5/Ownership query - Carmad 10000
Hi,

hopefully that got your attention.

right, well i put a £300 deposit down on a ford fiesta zetec s at motorpoint. It was a nearly new one and was due to arrive in 3 weeks and if i decided against the car for any reason the deposit could be transfered to any other vehicle. I was satisfied with this. Anyway, the car arrived early at their derby site and i got the vehicles V5 registration document through unexpectidly with me specified as the new registered keeper without seeing the vehicle as agreed.

As i see it i havent yet agreed to buy the car so they have \'jumped the gun\' and presumed it. Where do i stand from here and is there anyway they can remove me from the V5 if i decide not to purchase it?

thanks a lot - would appreciate a response!

Chris
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - MancRover
looks like you've got yourself a c ar for £300 mate!! ;)
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - Carmad 10000
do you reckon? :-D - i mean as i understand it they shouldnt have registered it yet...on our other v5's it is identical and we are the registered keepers for that.

The thing is, if i back out of it now which i am tempted to do i would usually lose my £300 deposit, but the fact its now registered and shouldnt be, maybe i could use it as a bargaining position to sign the car back over to them or buy it cheaper for having more owners?!?
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Beware advice here, it might be the manager of Motorpoint replying......................
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - Armitage Shanks{P}
Keeper is not owner!
how is it determined who is the owner then? and can my name as the 'keeper' be removed at all from the v5? - i.e. that would show 2 previous owners as its been registered by them first and now my name
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - tpac
Make sure if you do have it that you note the time and date of delivery... you could end up getting clobbered for speeding tickets/parking tickets etc!
Thats a very good point actually. I will keep that date to hand if i decide on it.

So am i effectively classed as the 2nd owner of the car now no matter what the dealer does or what i decide to do?
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - DGW
"i got the vehicles V5 registration document through unexpectidly with me specified as the new registered keeper without seeing the vehicle as agreed."

Doesn't that make you the first keeper of the car? (There is mention of the term 'owner' on the V5.)
PLEASE HELP! - GOT A PROBLEM! - DGW
Ooops! Should read ...no mention of owner...
Thats what i mean. Will i appear as the 2nd 'keeper' on the V5 then