Vw Sharan - 2000 Vw Sharan Radio fuse please help !!!!!! - elwoodlpool

Hi all,

Iv'e just got the car and its been fine i had some issues with the fuse blowing i replaced the fuse that was in it a 3amp soon as i turned the radio up it blew. Replaced it with another 3amp it blew again with the volume up. I then installed a 4amp fuse it blew again so then i installed a 5amp turned the volume up and that blew. No i have a 7.5 amp in it and its been fine.. I have turned the volume up and its fine now. But im worried now i have the wrong fuse in it and it will cause bad damage like fire.

I have check the fuse chart and the manual but cant find the correct fuse that should be in it..

Anyone help

Mark

Vw Sharan - 2000 Vw Sharan Radio fuse please help !!!!!! - elekie&a/c doctor

There are a few variations of fuse box on these,but looking at a year 2000 model fuse map it shows fuse #2 10 amp red;fuse #10 10amp red;fuse#30 20amp yellow;fuse#31 3 amp violet.However a 10amp fuse for radio seems ok.Most cars would have at least this rating for the radio system.hth

Vw Sharan - 2000 Vw Sharan Radio fuse please help !!!!!! - elwoodlpool

So is the 7.5 amp fuse i have in for the radio ok ?? Just dont want nothing bad to happen thats all. Just really seemed wierd when the other fuses blew when the volume was turned up.

Thanks for your help

Elwood