Fiord Focus Mk. 3 diesel estate - Inaudible direction indicator warning sounder - BER1940

Particularly as I have got older I have increasing difficulty in hearing the indicator sounder [ especially on a motorway at 70mph]; the dashboard flashing light is not readily noticed in bright sun light. My driving style is such that often the the automatic cancelling does not operate. Any suggestions how to amplify sound or self cancel after a selected number of flashes/bleeps (say 10).

Fiord Focus Mk. 3 diesel estate - Inaudible direction indicator warning sounder - Collos25

A good auto electrician will be able to add a much louder buzzer and put an extra blinker light in your line of sight.

Fiord Focus Mk. 3 diesel estate - Inaudible direction indicator warning sounder - Bilboman

I know the problem!

This is the worst car I've ever had for this problem; partly caused by the steering wheel's four large spokes which tend to mask the indicator's position, and "feeling" for the position is not always reliable and I'd much rather not have to look down and away from the road, so a black mark there for dashboard ergonomics. Also, the ridiculously small tell tale lightson the dashboard are all but invisible, and the faint tick , which might as well be off for all the good it does.

The "flick for three flashes" is an excellent idea but poorly executed: I am forever giving too soft a nudge and not indicating at all, or else pushing so far as to engage the indicators fully, meaning that I occasionally leave them on a while. These things should be instinctive and ergonomic in every car!

These niggles extend to the hazard light switch, which does not have its own tell tale (those tiny green lights on the dashboard once again!), and far too soft an action: the switch should protrude and flash brightly.