citroen xsara picasso - lost key - HayesyBuzzi

Please can you help, i lost my car key a couple of weeks back and stupidly it was my only one, so on monday afternoon i managed to get it towed to the garage where i had a new key waiting, on arrival i was told it would take around 30 minutes to reprogramme, after about an hour an half i was sent away as it wouldnt work, and told they would try again tomorrow, the following evening i was called by the garage to be told they needed to order a coil to override the immobiliser or something along those lines at an extra 20 pound, on the wednesday they rang and told me the coil wouldnt work and theyd order a new key just in case the other was faulty which didnt work either, on the thursaday i spoek to them and they told me it was the wiring and my car needed rewiring at a charge of 100 pound plus vat, which eventually i agreed to, so friday came and the garage rang me 1 minute before it shut and told me the rewiring hadnt worked and my computer needed a new ecu at a cost of 800 quid and the 160 pound for the work they had already completed which hadnt fixed my car so i dont agree i should have to pay this, theres no way i can afford 960 pound and the car is only worth 1500 roughly, please could you help me on where i stand i what action i should take next, when my car went to the garage it was worlking perfectly fine all that was wrong was id lost my key.

citroen xsara picasso - lost key - Dutchie

Hello ,this sounds like a horror story was it a Citroen Dealership you had your car taken to.£960 pound for a key ?

citroen xsara picasso - lost key - HayesyBuzzi
Yes its an absolute nightmare story, the worse thing is i had an operation two weeks ago and im not allowed to drive my car for another week, so shouldnt of even had the keys on me, only went out to the car to get a car seat out my car for my dad, i have four children and obviously rely on my car massively, im just so stuck on what i can do,
Yes it was a citroen dealer as i thought they were the only people that could rectify this problem.
Ive found a site called ecu doctor that will rebuild the ecu for 130 pound, but this means i still have to give the garage 160 pound for nothing really, just cant get my head round why my key worked perfectly before but anew key wont, thought they would all just be the same code

Sorry to hear about your situation could you give the dealership a ring and have a word with the manager and explain your predicament always worth a try.Regarding the keys I dont know about different keys to give you a answer on this.Have you had another look for the key you never know you might find it.Any forum readers who can help Hayes with her problem?

Hello check with Citroen why they cant code the new key in if everhing was working fine before.