ford focs - odd electrical problems - divebuddy

My wifes, ford focus has started to have a life of its own. It seems to have an intermitent

electrical fault and the following areas are effected on and off

Intermitent wipers front stop working, back wiper stops working, or one will will work while the other one wont. The light on the dash board for doors open flickers on and off while driving from time to time. The courtessy light stops working. the front and back heaters somtimes stop working and the back passenger door somtimes stops locking on the central locking system while the others work fine. I am at a loss

ford focs - odd electrical problems - Collos25

Faulty earth cable would be my first check point or bad connection on the dashboard.

ford focs - odd electrical problems - Hot Fuse
This sounds like a dodgy earth.
Have you noticed any particular charecteristics such as 'the wipers not working when the heater is on and you have you foot on the break' etc? That isn't a fault finding instruction or test, by the way, just giving an example of a pattern you might have observed : )
Have you checked the connecting blocks where wire looms meet? Are they wet or corroded? What about the condition of the battery earth (-) strap to the body?

Have you done anything electrical to it? Including changing radio or even replacing a bulb! My brother put a single filament bulb where there should have been a dual (tail and break light in same bulb) he had all sorts happen when he breaked!