VW Polo 5 door - Production Delays? - Laird Lugton

I ordered a VW Polo 1.2tdi SE in July. I was told to expect a delivery date in earl November.

I was told by my dealer that the car had been built. This was later retracted and told 2 weeks ago of a further 9 week delay due to strike action in South Africa.

Yesterday they phoned and said they had no build date whatsoever as they had a shortage of parts for this model.

So I've paid a £500 deposit, anyone know if I can get it back? This is a car bought over the telephone so I think distance selling regs apply.

Anyone else waiting for a Polo?

VW Polo 5 door - Production Delays? - Falkirk Bairn

Was there discussion over the actual delivery date?

Did you write "time is of the essence" on the order form?

Read the T&Cs of the order you signed - there may be a get out of jail clause should there be a marked difference in the dates of expected and actual delivery.

VW Polo 5 door - Production Delays? - Landy

I ordered a VW Polo 1.2tdi SE in July. I was told to expect a delivery date in earl November.

I was told by my dealer that the car had been built. This was later retracted and told 2 weeks ago of a further 9 week delay due to strike action in South Africa.

Yesterday they phoned and said they had no build date whatsoever as they had a shortage of parts for this model.

So I've paid a £500 deposit, anyone know if I can get it back? This is a car bought over the telephone so I think distance selling regs apply.

Anyone else waiting for a Polo?

My daughter has had the same problem with the same model and the strike in South Africa. She paid a £1000 deposit at a VW dealer. The dealership have kept her informed about the delays. As VW had quoted 16 to 20 weeks delivery there was nothing that could be done until 20 weeks. VW is now arranging a hire car for my daughter ( at no cost to her) which is being delivered next week exactly 20 weeks from the order.

The only difference is that my daughter actually went to the dealership to pay the deoposit. However you must have signed an order for the car at some time.

May be, if you talk to the dealership who the car has been ordered from, and ask them about this case with other customers.

Good Luck!!

VW Polo 5 door - Production Delays? - Avant

It must always be worth considering a Skoda Fabia if you're thinking about a Polo, as it will do the same job, with mostly the same engine range, for less money, and possibly less delay depending on which model you want.

No there was no date on the order, just To Be Confirmed.

Interesting about the hire car.

I like Skodas, just not the interior styling. Likewise I test drove an Ibiza and wasn't impressed with the quality of the interior although the exterior is fantastic. However one spend the majority of the time on the inside so you've got to like it!

Just a small update. VW have confirmed that I will receive a hire car from Europcar as it's been 20 weeks since I placed my order.

Now I'm wondering whether it will be a Volkswagen from Europcar or something else....