1998 Ford Windstar - ABS light and trac warning light comes on - kalloplaw

When inspecting my ABS system, I found the probable cause of the ABS light on and trac warning light flashing to be a cracked reluctor wheel on the left front. It will spin loose on the axle thus setting off the warning. When the vehicle is stopped and off and started again, the lights will not come on until I get up to about 15 mph at which point, the reluctor wheel begins to slip thus setting off the alarm. The brakes operate normally but if an icy road should turn up and I need the ABS system to function properly, I will probably be in trouble.. I can't seem to find a new reluctor wheel as Ford evidently doesn't manufacture them any longer. My best choice seems to be to replace the entire half axle as a new axle comes with a new reluctor wheel. Any one else ever have this problem?

1998 Ford Windstar - ABS light and trac warning light comes on - captain chaos

I believe this vehicle was the subject of a safety recall by Ford for the problem you describe. Assuming you are based here in the UK, a UK Ford dealer should repair your vehicle as it is a safety issue. Try giving USAutomotive a call, they are very knowledgable. Hope this helps

cc

1998 Ford Windstar - ABS light and trac warning light comes on - Collos25

Is this what yoiu are looking for

Ebay .de

Artikelnummer: 360303585805
1998 Ford Windstar - ABS light and trac warning light comes on - kalloplaw

I am in the USA but the recall should apply any where. I am going to call my ford dealer about it today. Thank you for the information.